You must have seen many numbers of science fiction movies, with aliens attacking Earth, and at the end of the movie, the normal-yet-intelligent-actors save the Earth. But, you know, the threat is not just to the Earth, the real threat is to the Moon.
Yeah! The moon has been the most imperative role player in shaping the manner in which the Earth has pursued the most natural processes.
So, before going into the depth of what might happen, if the Aliens decide to attack moon, it will be better to let you with the understanding of the significance of moon to humans!
Here is a short summary:
- The perception is that the moon was formed just 30 million years after the Earth.
- The most imperative effect of the Moon has been on the flow of tides.
- In accordance with the scientist, at the initial stages the distance of the moon from the Earth was half as compared to what it is today. So, back then the tides were way extreme.
- This in turn resulted in ice ages, array of species, and gave the much required uplift to the evolution of life on Earth.
But, what about the present! What would be the impact if the Aliens decide to attack the Moon, or what would be the effect if a part of the Moon is removed? It will be thus needful to portray a picture of the same:
In consonance with Noah Petro, a research scientist, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, this will cause losing of large tides on a daily basis. In turn, this will lead to -“smaller tides, caused by the Earth’s rotation with the sun.”
- This would in turn imply that, the coastal community for a long time will not be required to have to deal with any sort of high tide. But, that this would again mean, that they will not be able to avail the advantage of low tide. So, the impact of the same will be that it will affect the underwater ecosystem.
- With the aid of the Moon, there is distortion of water around the equator. But, without the moon, it would lead to redistribution of water around the poles. This will lead to shrinking of rivers and lakes as well. Hence, it will be really tedious to manage the water scarcity problem which the world is already dealing with.
- In consonance with Petro, since the Moon provides stability to the orbit of the Earth, without it, the climate of the Earth will experience wild extremes. Even, when this impact will take time to happen, probably on a scale of 1000 to 10,000 years, the humans will have to find a solution of the same with priority.
- If the moon is hit by something big enough to enable emanation of debris from the moon, it will be hazardous to Earth. The falling of moon rocks will be way tedious for Earth community. And, they will also completely breakdown the satellites which presently encircle the globe.
Save Moon! Save Earth!