The planet Earth has witnessed the extinction of many types of species. For those of you unaware of the same, the five extinctions involved:
-Ordovician-Silurian mass extinction which, involved extinction of sea creatures
– Late Devonian mass extinction, which involved a hammering on the reef
-Permian mass extinction, which involved dying of 96% of the species
-Triassic-Jurassic mass extinction, which was due to the impact of the asteroid
-Cretaceous Tertiary mass extinction, which was responsible for the extinction of dinosaurs.
These extinctions have made sure to wipe out the entire species. In fact at present the species which are living is only 4% of which was present at the inception of the planet. Catastrophic disasters like asteroids and volcanic outbursts have been the acumen for the same. And, these do not cease to occur.
So, as of present the Earth features as the ace planet which is perfectly suitable for life. There is the race of humans- which are developing novel paradigm of success with each passing day. However, that does not imply that, Earth is free from danger.
This is the major reason Elon Musk has shown his concerns for protection from the next mass destruction. Elon Musk is the founder, CEO and CTO of SpaceX. SpaceX is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport service company. He is also the cofounder and chairman of the SolarCity.
So, the bottom line is that Elon Musk is way perplexed about the future of the planet and the inhabitants. Hence, he thinks it’s best to get off the Earth and grow into a multi planet species. Yes! You read that right!
And which planet do you think will be the next stop? It is none other than the Red Planet. It is really interesting to read the blog How (and Why) SpaceX Will Colonize Mars. It is fabricated by Blogger Tim Urban.
Here are the pointers pertaining to the thoughts of Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is really smart and straightforward with respect to this aspect. In accordance with him, by the time the next huge asteroid or some sort of destruction hits the planet, it is a possibility that Earth has the equipment to protect itself or even redirect the destruction.
- However, yet again, the re-direction will not be possible all the time, since there might not be any time left at all.
- In accordance with him waiting for the destruction to occur is not good.
- In fact, the best possible way out will be to prepare Mars to inhabit people.
- Yet again, Elon Musk aims to send 1 million people to the Red planet. His objective behind sending these many people is mind boggling. Since, the new planet should be similar to the intelligence and innovation present on Earth; hence a good genetic variety is indispensable.
In fact, on the same grounds by the end of the year, Elon Musk plans to disclose a spacecraft which is so designed that it transports almost 100 people to the Red Planet. Amazing times ahead!