“Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form but with regard to their mode of life.”
It is the most beautiful and calm feeling when you worship a deity. More instances, whenever they are associated with the religion you follow. Compassion, faithfulness, sincerity, wisdom, intelligence, forgiveness, love, purity, strength is associated with them.
It will thus indeed be, interesting for the readers to get acknowledged with 10 of the weirdest deities. They are associated with the myths and legends of lust, malicious tricks, intoxication and death.
Loki is a malicious Nordic God. This deity can change into people and animals in accordance with the wish to bring about destructive schemes. The origin of this deity is Scandinavia.
– The origin of the deity is Northern India or Nepal. She is the Hindu and Buddhist Goddess of sexual restraint and self sacrifice. The implication of the name is ‘she whose head is severed’. In fact, the pictures portray her with a cut off head, blood flowing out of the cut open neck. And, her attendants drinking the blood.
– The deity is associated with Ancient Greece. The deity has hind legs and horns of a goat. He is the deity of shepherds, hunters, forests, flocks and pastoral music. He is also known for his ravenous sexual appetite.
4. Inanna (Ishtar)
– The deity has origin to the Mesopotamia (Iraq). She is the Sumerian Goddess of war, sex and fertility. She is known for her sexual desires and unions.
– He was the leader of the Titans. Titans came before Zeus. The parents of the Titans were Uranus and Gaia. And, Cronus was their jealous son. In fact, in accordance with the legends, Cronus also planned to eat his children since, on hearing the prediction that his children will overthrow him from the throne.
6. Sheela Na Gigs
– The origin of the deity is associated with Ireland and Britain. The literal meaning of the name is ‘the old hag of the breasts’. The name has reference to a number of stone figures availed from Ireland and Britain, which portray a woman with exposed and exaggerated genitals. She is also known as the fertility Goddess.
– The origin of the God is to the Ancient Egypt. She is the deity of nature, magic and motherhood. And, she married her brother Osiris, who was back then lord of the underworld. However, the legend goes that Osiris was killed by their other brother and his parts scattered in Egypt. His manhood was not found when Isis tried to retrieve the pieces; hence she made a golden phallus his organ.
8. Baron Samedi
– He is associated with Haiti. He is a voodoo God of the dead. In fact, he has always been associated with chaos, intoxication, obscenity and seduction. In fact, the most bizarre aspect about the deity is his skeleton. It wears sunglasses, a tuxedo, a hat and a top.
– He is the Greek God of chaos, wine and intoxication. In accordance with the legends, he became a bisexual God. It is said that he had the power to bring the dead to life.
10. The Abrahamic God
– This has origin to the Israel. There are a number of legends associated. One bespeaks of the story about Abraham and his son Isaac. In accordance with this story, God dares Abraham to show his faith by sacrificing his son. However, as Abe places Isaac on the altar, God ceases him telling him that it was simply a test.