From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us.
Pyramids continue to allure historians, travelers and educationist alike. Needless to add they have given rise to way too many theories. And, some of them are way bizarre.
Here is a list of 10 most ludicrous theories about the pyramids – no aliens required:
1. The pyramids were granaries
Medieval Europeans believed that the pyramids were granaries as described in the Old Testament. This goes back to the sixth century, as depicted in the History of the Franks. It was further popularized in 14th century in The Book of John Mandeville.
2. Noah built it
-this theory was proposed by John Taylor, in his own book The Great Pyramid: Why It Was Built and Who Built It. Taylor studied the measurements of the Pyramid of Giza and mentioned that it was a repository of divine systems of all the mathematical concepts.
3. It foretells the Apocalypse date
-in accordance with Charles Piazzi Smyth as indicated in his book- Our Inheritance in the Great Pyramid, prophecies lay embedded in the architecture.
4. Satan Built it
-Joseph T. “Judge” Rutherford fabricated a two-part article in the editions of the Watch Tower. In here he declared that the Pyramid of Giza was built under the direction of Satan. It was Satan who put his knowledge into the dead stone. He further stated in the article, that devoting time is wastefulness.
5. They were originally hills
-an article in the Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette, in October 12, 1884 edition, reported that the pyramids were fabricated from the top downward. In accordance with the theories they were basically hills, which were utilized as quarries. It was gradually that the hills were cut into pyramids the process, executed by the engineers.
6. Built by Atlantis
– Ignatius Loyola Donnelly is the one who gave this theory. In accordance with him the Atlanteans established various colonies around the world. And, the pyramids of Egypt were built by them. In fact, he also pointed to the similarities which exist between the pyramids of Egypt and those in Mesoamerica.
7. Israel on the way to steal the pyramids
-the Egyptian researcher Amir Gamal told the Elaph Newspaper, that the Israel has fabricated a plot which will alter the fact, that the pyramids was built by the Jews.
8. Mental power to built the Pyramids
– the renowned psychic Edgar Cayce believed that the pyramids were built by utilization of extraordinary mental powers, which aided in lifting the magnanimous blocks. In fact, some recent research has attributed “acoustic levitation” as the requisite tool to build the pyramids.
– Robert Bauval, in The Orion Mystery claimed that there is an analogue between the location of the three largest Giza Pyramid complex and the 3 star which fabricate the Orion’s belt. However, for this to be correct the pyramids should have been built almost 12,000 years ago.
10. Pyramid strength
– since, mummies were kept in pyramids; it ensured some historians and researchers that the pyramid had the capability of harnessing regenerative powers. In fact, there have been experiments which centered around. In accordance with the experiments, the pyramid could do almost everything and had limitless capabilities.