Tired of boring fruit salad? Be more creative and turn it into beautiful spring rolls instead!
Everybody knows and loves the traditional savory rice paper spring roll but have you ever seen a fresh fruit spring roll? They are rice paper rolls filled with slices of fresh strawberries, peaches, apple and mango, all wrapped up to make the perfect healthy portable snack. It is ideal dessert for picnics, the beach or for summer parties. And just like a traditional roll, you can serve it with a dipping sauce made from zesty limes and a little honey.
- 1 apple
- 1 mango
- 1 peach
- 1 cup strawberries
- mint leaves
- rice paper wrappers
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Julienne your apple, mango, and peach.
- Slice strawberries and chop mint leaves.
- Lay one rice paper wrapper flat on a cutting board and create a row of strawberry slices down the middle of rice wrapper.
- Layer mint leaves, apple slices, and peaches atop your strawberry slices.
- Roll your fruit spring rolls up with fruit secured in center.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your cut fruit.
- For your dipping sauce, stir honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a separate bowl.
featured image: Gemma Stafford