The famous travel company has just shared the Travelers Choice Restaurants winner for 2016. According to the results the top place belongs to the Martin Berasategui, a three Michelin starred restaurant in Lasarte, close to San Sebastian in Spain. It has been second time the famous chef after whom the restaurant is named has won the title. And all thanks to the delicious modern Spanish cuisine.
Among his spectacular dishes you may find red mullet with edible scale crystals, fennel with saffron and liquid baby squid bonbon; and young pigeon that’s charcoal roasted at a low temperature with potato and truffle bites and forgotten vegetables.
The best restaurants in the world:
1. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
2. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
3. L’Auberge de I’lll, Illhaeusern, France
4. Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom
5. Ristorante Don Alfonso, Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
6. Alinea, Chicago, United States
7. Waterside Inn, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
8. Voila Bistrot, Paraty, Brazil
9. Adam’s, Birmingham, United Kingdom
10. Azurmendi Gastronomico, Larrabetzu, Spain
Another three Michelin starred restaurant in the nearby town of Larrabetzu, Azurmendi has been voted the tenth one this year. Besides the delicious cuisine, guests have a spectacular view of the valley below.
The second place belongs to French restaurant Maison Lameloise located in Chagny.
Three UK restaurants managed to be among the ten, even though there were rather strong competitors from Italy and Spain and one of them is Raymond Blanc’s Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons in Oxfordshire. The restaurant has been voted as the best one in UK this year.
Among South America’s restaurants it was Brazil’s Voila Bistot to snap the eight position.
And famous Chicago restaurant where you have to prepay for the meals in order to make a reservation made it at the number six.
The vote was based on the reviews from millions of TripAdvisor users and the main goal was to determine the quality and the quantity of the reviews collected in one year.
featured image: traveller