You think of the term social media, and the ace name which pops up is the Facebook. So, definitely Facebook has managed to bring people closer. It has managed to bridge the gap between continents. At the same time it has given a big platform. And, you cannot obliterate the fact that the engineers, the teams and the founder of Facebook is making sure that you have something to look forward to almost every couple of months.
Undoubtedly, Facebook continues to be in the news all the time.
However, this time it has created a buzz with its job listings. It has given birth to many new questions and novel thinking. People have always been inquisitive about the same. And, there is a lot on the media pertaining to this once again.
So, here is the job listing-“B8 seeks an experienced Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) Engineer who will be responsible for working on a 2-year B8 project focused on developing advanced BCI technologies. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things.”
- As indicated by the listing, it is for the new Building 8 team for Facebook.
- The Building 8 team is a secret team.
- It was initiated last year as a “DARPA-style” agency.
- Its work front involves innovation through the area of augmented and virtual reality, connectivity and artificial intelligence.
- Hence, the people in the team are responsible for the application of machine learning methods to electrophysiological data and neuroimaging.
- 2 year contract.
- The primary trait the social media giant wants to be present in the aspirer for the job is being “slightly impatient”.
- Also, that the project will be having it’s focus on development of advanced BCI-Brain Computer Interface technology.
Now, Mark Zuckergberg has shown immense interest in telepathy. He considers it as a wave of the future. Back in the year 2015, there was a Facebook Town hall Q & A. This is what his one of the comments read-“One day, I believe we’ll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology. You’ll just be able to think of something and your friends will immediately be able to experience it too if you’d like.”
As of present, Facebook is fabricating a team that will be working on social media platforms. There is the probability that, it will be utilizing neuroscience and electrical engineering for the same, in context with the B8 team.
It will be interesting for the readers to know that the Senior Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Stephen Sigurnjak has said- “Your brain works off electrical activity, a bit like a computer. As you concentrate on something, it fires neurons in the brain.” As knowledge of our brain continues to grow, we are increasingly able to decode mental electrical signals and then translate those thoughts into action.
So, does this imply that Facebook is on the way to fabricate a “mind-reading” social network! Fascinating and alluring!
If it does happen, it will be one amazing discovery. People won’t be required to say anymore-“speak your mind”!
featured image © Dado Ruvic via RT