A birthstone is a gemstone assigned to a person based on something relating to their birth. Generally speaking, modern birthstones are assigned based on a person’s month of birth. However, there are other systems that use everything from a person’s zodiac sign to a person’s day of birth and a person’s place of birth.
Hinduism has nine gemstones that are associated with the sun, the moon, and the planets of our solar system. By wearing some of them for specific purposes, you can protect yourself from the negative influences that were found in the heavens at the time and place of your birth month. This is why birthstones can be extremely valuable to us. They can help us break karmic trends, heal ancient wounds, and escape the harshest aspects built into the fabric of our life trajectories.
Are You Wearing Your Birthstone?
There are a lot of people out there who are interested in wearing their birthstone. Sometimes, this is because they believe that the birthstone will protect them from hostile forces looming over them. Other times, this is because they use their birthstone as an anchor for themselves. Whatever the case, interested individuals should know that they can find a wide range of gemstone jewellery such as natural stone bracelets and necklaces, and other auspicious items at our shop.
What is Your Birthstone?
Here are two outlines noting a variety of birthstones and their meanings, as noted in the original Vedic and zodiac texts. Keep in mind that your best bet for learning how to use gemstones to enhance your life is through a traditional Vedic reading.
- Aquarius (Jan 21 – Feb 18): Garnet
- Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20): Amethyst
- Aries (Mar 21 – Apr 20): Bloodstone
- Taurus (Apr 21 – May 21): Sapphire
- Gemini (May 22 – Jun 21): Agate
- Cancer (Jun 21 – Jul 22): Emerald
- Leo (Jul 23 – Aug 22): Onyx
- Virgo (Aug 23 – Sept 22): Carnelian
- Libra (Sept 23 – Oct 23): Chrysolite (Peridot) and Aventurine
- Scorpio (Oct 24 – Nov 21): Beryl
- Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21): Topaz
- Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 21): Ruby
While there are some similarities with the above list, here is the list according to Vedic astrology, with a few additional suggestions:
- January: Garnet, Rose Quartz
- February: Amethyst, Onyx
- March: Bloodstone, Aquamarine, Red Jesper
- April: Diamond, Rock Crystal
- May: Agate, Emerald, Green Tourmaline
- June: Pearl, Moonstones, White Topaz
- July: Ruby, Star Ruby, Carnelian
- August: Sapphire, Peridot, Aventurine
- September: Moonstone, Iolite, Lapis Lazuli
- October: Opal, Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz, Moonstone
- November: Topaz, Yellow Sapphire, Golden Citrine, Tiger’s eye
- December: Ruby, Turquoise, and Blue Zircon
Gemstones are powerful little amplifiers that can assist you in every area of your life, and the birthstone is the most powerful among them. Some people might see their birthstone as the guardian angel and strongly believe in their healing and protective power.