“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.”
There are some things that will never go out of style— a little black dress, diamond ring, your great grandmother’s famous recipe, a red lip, and most importantly, relationship advice.
Relationships are often difficult. They take a lot of dedication, focus, and work. Finding the right person to settle down with can often feel like a very frustrating game of chance. And even when you do find the right one, you’ll still have your work cut out for you as you make an effort to maintain your relationship.
Here are some timeless relationship advices to never forget.
1. There is no point in staying with somebody who antagonizes you.
2. If you feel lonely while in relationship, maybe it is really a moment to spend some time alone.
3. The hardest period in the relationship is to know when to walk away and stop pretending that things can be saved.
4. You can judge how the person loves you and is honest by the way he is treating you during the fight. Just remember the “nice words” you had to listen to.
5. Love is a verb, not a noun.
6. Small issues can be fixed, it is like with a broken bulb – you just fix it and don’t buy a new house, right?
7. Never setlle down with a person who already lost all the passion and love for you and is ready to start life together just because you’ve been long time together…Know when to walk away.
8. Only love is not enough to be in long term relationship.
9. There is no perfect relationship, there are going to be conflicts and fights. But what matters is the wish to solve them together.
10. During the argument, fight the problem and not the partner. One of the biggest mistakes most couples do – they start to fight each other and the problem stays where it was.
11. When you choose a girl whom you are going to be with, don’t look for one you wish to treat as a princess, find one you want to be your partner instead.
12. Never disparage your partner behind his or her back. It is not fair and very low.
13. Confidence isn’t “I know she likes me”, confidence is “I’ll be okay whether she likes me or not.”
14. Love is all about working on it. Nobody is perfect for each other from the first day.
15. Keeping relationship warm doesn’t mean you have to set yourself on fire.
16. Marry that person who makes you feel the same way when you see food finally coming to your table in the restaurant when you are hungry like hell.
17.The grass is not greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it.
18. Instead of looking for a right person, start being that Right person.
19. The control in relationship belongs to a person who cares less unfortunately.
20. Try to avoid falling in love with your waitress, therapist or a hooker.
21. What is better? To be always right or just happy?
22. Don’t be shy to be the first one to apologize after the fight, it is not about who is the first but the time to make up.
23. If you don’t love yourself, don’t expect your partner to love you.
24. Just because you have a perfect friend relationship with a person it doesn’t mean in love relationship it is going to be the same.
25. Before moving in, try to go for a road trip first, it will give you the best vision of how it is going to be to live under the same roof.
26. There is nothing wrong in being vulnerable sometimes, it can actually bring you closer.
27. Keep in mind to focus on the problem during the fight, and not your partner.
28. If your partner doesn’t love you the way you expect, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you at all. It is just his or her way to show the feelings.
29. Fall in love with person whom you see now, and not the potential.
30. To be happy in relationship, it takes two people to work.
31. Everybody makes mistakes and there is a place for a second chance.
32. Everyone is searching for the perfect person, but no one is trying to be the perfect person.
33. If you keep recalling the memories you had with your partner, it is time to look into the present and move on if needed.
34. Even if this person looks totally perfect for you, it doesn’t mean that You are the one for him.
35. If something gets broken fix it, but keep in mind that if you spend most of your time fixing and it costs you every time more and more, toss it and look for new one.
36. Talking about successful relationship, these five traits should be the first one: honesty, loyalty, trust, communication and then love.
37. If you need to talk about something really hard, always hold the hands, it helps to reduce negative emotions and shows your care.
38. Try to be a woman or a man your child would love to date.
39. Love is all about appreciation, and not possession.
40. Never go to bed angry. Fix the problem before you put your head on the pillow.
41. Be the seducer in relationship, even if you have been long time together, otherwise there will be somebody else who will do it instead of you.
42. If she or he threatens to leave you, help to pack the bags.
43. There is no place to lies or secrets in the relationship.
44.Sometimes you should be strong and let it go in spite of all the pain.
45.Relationship shouldn’t be hard, if they are, most likely you are with a wrong person.
46.Love is not just a feeling, as they tend to fade. Love – is something you choose.
47.If it feels wrong in the beginning, it won’t get any better later.
48. Keeping score? You lost long time ago.
49.Love is an action, not a feeling. It’s learned and developed skill, not an experience. Not that the romantic feeling doesn’t exist or isn’t a wonderful part of the relationship, but it doesn’t make it last.
50. The best sign of healthy relationship is no sign in any of the social nets.