The all favorite recipe gets new features in this recipe: instead of usual dried fruit, fresh raspberries will add tartness to this rich but so delicious desert!
For 8 portions, you will need:
Full-fat milk- 400ml (14fl oz)
double cream – 400ml (14fl oz)
vanilla extract -1 tsp
eggs – 5 whole plus 1 yolk (large)
caster sugar -150g (5½oz)
soft white rolls or brioche cut into slices 1.5cm (¾in) thick 250g (9oz)
Butter 50g – (1¾oz)
Raspberries -300g (10½oz)
Whiskey 100ml (3½fl oz)
Icing sugar for decoration
What you need to do:
1. Preheat your oven up to 180C/359 F. Mix milk, cream and a pinch of salt in a big heavy-bottomed and make it boil. Once the mix is boiled remove from the heat and add vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, yolk and sugar.
3. Add to the beaten eggs and sugar the milky mixture from the pan continuously stirring.
4. Cover the bread with butter and make layers in a baking form with a buttered side up. While making the layers sprinkle with fresh fruit and whiskey.
5. Pour over your prepared before custard on top and leave the pudding for half an hour, to make it lighter.
6. Make sure there are no berries on top of the custard, otherwise they will burn while baking.
7. Put the dish in a roasting tin and add boiling water around the dish until you reach half of its height. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the custard gets golden color and crispy.
8. Leave to cool down and serve with a icing sugar on top!
Your delicious raspberry and whiskey bread and butter pudding is ready!