Summer is a perfect time for fruit and vegetables, but there are times when our body asks for some nutritious and absolutely delicious dish, like Mac’Cheese Pasta. Easy to cook with exquisite flavor!
Here is what you need:
- macaroni- 4 cups
- butter – 4 tablespoons
- flour – 1/4 cup
- whole milk- 2 1/2 cups
- dry mustard- 2 teaspoons
- Cheddar – 1 pound , grated
- Seasoned salt
- black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon ground
- Optional spices: cayenne pepper, paprika, thyme
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven up to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni until al dente and put it on the side.
- Let’s make the sauce: beat the egg in a small bowl and put on the side. In a larger pot melt the butter and add flour. Cook it on the medium low heat and keep stirring for few minutes. Be careful, so the sauce doesn’t get burnt. Add the milk, mustard and mix it properly. Keep cooking until the mixture gets really thick, it should take you around five minutes.
- Take ¼ cups of the sauce and add it to the small pan where is the beaten egg, add the sauce slowly to prevent the egg from cooking and keep stirring. Put this egg mixture back to the sauce and keep whisking the mixture. Add the cheese and mix it until it totally melts in. Add salt and pepper up to your taste and any other spices to add more flavor if you wish.
- Add the macaroni into the sauce and serve immediately while the sauce is creamy (in this case, macaroni should be cooked properly) or if you wish you can bake the macaroni with this creamy sauce in the baking dish until the cover gets golden and crispy, around 20-25 minutes.
No matter what way you choose, the dish is going to be absolutely delicious. Add some crispy bacon on top to make it even more seducing.
featured image: dishmaps