All the things in this universe are forms of energy, with their own frequency and vibration, including crystals. It was declared as the key to understanding the universe by Nikola Tesla, who proved how certain forms of energy can alter the vibrational resonance of other forms of energy. This is probably why the healing crystals are still used today. The ancients didn’t know about these scientific things but they certainly considered stones a major aspect of their existence.
Popular Uses for Healing Crystals in Ancient Civilizations
1 – Roman Culture
– Talismans and Amulets made of gemstones were commonly used in this culture for enhancing health, attracting desirable things, and for providing protection in battle.
Their immense wealth enabled the Romans to produce highly ostentatious jewelry, incorporating precious and semi-precious stones obtained from different areas of their empire. This resulted in large, colorful jewelry using precious emeralds, diamonds, rubies and sapphires and the whole range of semi-precious gemstones including garnets, jet, topaz, pearls and amber.
2 – Ancient Egyptians
– They buried their dead with quartz upon the forehead, with a belief that it would guide the departed into the afterlife. To balance the Ba and Ka energies of the body, the Pharaohs toted cylinders filled with quartz.
3 – Chinese Culture
4 – Ancient Greeks
– With the idea of making them invincible, crushed hematite was often rubbed to the soldier’s body before entering the war. The word crystal is believed to be derived from the Greek word, ‘krustullos,’ – meaning ‘ice’. Until the 1500s, most of the ancient people thought, stones like clear quartz crystals were eternal ice sent from the Heavens.
In the story of the God Dionysus and Goddess Diana, the mythological story of Amethyst plays a vital role. The word is said to be the Greek translation of ‘sober’ or ‘not drunken’.
5 – Traditions in India
– The Ayurvedic medicine considers crystals important for healing emotional and metaphysical imbalances, in India. The pages of the ancient Hindu Vedas has the uses of different healing crystals, which also references each stone’s specific healing abilities.
Sapphires are thought to bring astuteness, clarity and mental balance.
The power of the black obsidian
Are you ready to experience the profound power of the black obsidian, which is a stone of change and growth, it also radiates positive loving energies, where it will bring peace and calm to your mind, body and spirit and does help you to relive stress and anxiety.
Its magical power aids in deflecting and acts like a shield against negativity, spirits, harmful energies, evil eyes, psychic vampires i.e. people that will drain you of your spiritual energy, vitality and emotion, also will assist in clearing negative influence which is brought about by judgments and or projections, also assists in removing past life energies. It is a very protective stone and is very useful in removing negative energies, emotional and spiritual
A strong psychic protection stone, with powerful metaphysical properties that will shield you against negativity.
6 – Ancient Japanese Beliefs
– Scrying, very similar to looking into a crystal ball as we see some psychics do today, was apparently a common practice in early Japanese culture. Crystal quartz spheres represented the heart of a dragon and signified their power and wisdom.
What We Know Now About Healing Crystals
The concepts of electromagnetism as proven by James Clerk Maxwell, and their interdependent nature, in addition to the quantum theory, has given us scientific evidence for what the ancients apparently knew. Because everything vibrates at a certain frequency, it has the ability to alter other object’s frequencies while occupying the same space. Thus, the connecting vibrations can harmonize the frequencies and stimulate biochemical shifts, which affect physical health in a positive and healing way.