Many of the plant varieties such as cannabis have various effective medicinal properties. Plants such as garlic, ginger, spinach as well as echinacea have various healing properties. Also there are certain plants about which there is no such hype but in reality these plants have huge medicinal potential, even more than those which are mentioned above. Medicinal plants have a verity of effective chemical compounds which are present in their leaves, flowers, root, stem and various other places. One such molecule which is present in large amounts in any plant can have a huge impact on the human body. Also there may be various combinations of those compounds which might be equally useful. Since humans as well as plants have been able to evolve though millions of years, therefore it perfectly natural that human bodies would be well suited to absorb certain beneficial compounds which are required form many complex varieties of plants. As a result no plant can be ignored for the betterment of human health and welfare.
Mentioned below are some of the most beneficial plant varieties :
– These edible flowering plants grow throughout the South American region. Dandelionsare are used to create a number of drinks and recipes. The leaves, flowers as well as roots of the dandelion are very useful for making various medicines.
2. California poppy
–This opioid plant is an iconic plant mainly due to its brilliant blooms which are easily recognizable. The plant has various benefits for the human health. It is very effective anxiety reliever and can also be used for treating agitated children.
– This plant grows effectively on a wide range of soil varieties. These flowering plants are used for adding color to various summer time dishes. This plant variety is very efficient in treating numerous skin problems as well as skin blemishes. This plant also provides instant relief to the people having fever.
– For any backpacker passing through Europe, this plant can be of extreme help in times of jeopardy. Tansy has various properties which make a very useful plant. It is used for adding flavor to your favorite beer and also various stews. This plant can also be used as an insect repellent.
5. Lady Ferns
–These are long light green colored plants which are one of the oldest plant varieties on earth and is mainly found in the northern hemisphere. It has various medicinal properties and can cure coughs and fevers effectively. This plant is also useful in prevention worm infection and also acts as a defense against pneumonia, bronchitis and even asthma.
–This plant is used as a fodder for various livestock mainly due to its high mineral content and also the presence of various nutrients and other compounds which promote health. Originally found in the regions of the Middle East as well as the Mediterranean, this plant has now spread throughout the European as well as American continents. It is a great treatment against various ailments such as morning sickness, kidney stones, nausea as well as urinary discomfort.
7. Tea Tree
– It is one of the most effective plants which can fight against many harmful bacteria varieties like methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections. It acts as a strong defense against various insects and can treat insect bites effectively. Tea tree oil is a very efficient solution to keep various types of fungus away from us and is a useful medicine for treating head lice.
– Thyme goes beyond many other herbs with its wide array of uses: potpourri, mood-enhancing aromatherapy, sachets that repel moths, ointments for fighting infection in scrapes and cuts, and cough elixirs and mouthwashes for canker sores and throat infections. Thyme has been used as an expectorant and is particularly helpful as a remedy for upper respiratory tract problems like bronchitis.
– The traditional use of sage in medicine is well-documented and stretches back thousands of years. It was initially used for the treatment of snakebite, protecting against evil, boosting female fertility, and other uses that are no longer en vogue or relied on. However, modern research has discovered that the impact of sage on the human body can be considerable, which is why sage is widely exported around the world and makes it into recipes from the United States to the Middle East. Typically, sage is added to savory dishes due to its slightly peppery flavor, and is a key ingredient in many holiday meals and meat-based preparations. The combination of these culinary uses with its undeniable medicinal impact makes sage very valuable for human health. With that in mind, let’s take a more in-depth look at the health benefits of sage.
10. Sweet Marjoram
– Marjoram and oregano are often used interchangeably, but the aromatic sweet marjoram is slightly different. The Greeks called it the “Joy of the Mountain” and it was revered throughout the Mediterranean for its fragrance, flavor and medicinal value. The famous French herbs de provence and Middle Eastern za’atar both use sweet marjoram. Marjoram has many uses (it’s a famous digestive aid) but it is effective as an antifungal, antibacterial and disinfectant treatment in a pinch.