Once cancer happens it changes the way you live for the rest of your life.
When talking about prevention of cancer, routine test are not sufficient if you want to be on the safe side. What’s important is to listen to your body and notice when something’s different, unexplainable and odd.
Here, we take a look at the 20 symptoms researchers consider to be red flags. While they could be nothing, the experts say the point is to recognize that they could also be cancer—and to ask your doctor to check your symptoms out.
1. Short breath/wheezing – this is a sign of lung cancer
2. Chronic cough/chest pain – a few cancer types like tumors and leukemia, cause bad coughs or bronchitis imitation.. some cancers like the lung one cause pain in the chest that goes down the shoulder and the arm.
3. Often occurs to get fevers and infections – this could be leukemia, cancer of the blood where blood cells are infectioneus where the bone is marrow. This issue creates strange white blood cells and removes all shields and energy of the body.
4. Hard time swallowing – this could mean throat/esophageal cancer that could go hand in hand with lung cancer.
5. Swelling in lymph nodes, neck, armpits and groin – these enlarged nodes mean the lymph system is affected and could be cancer.
6. A lot of bruises and bleedings that don’t stop – this means abnormal issues; when the red blood cells are affected it can be leukemia. With time, the leukemia cells increase more than red cells and platelets so the blood cannot transfer enough oxygen and clot.
7. Fatigue/weakness- in general this is not scary. But if it happens all the time it could be some cancer that has no obvious signs. If you feel tired for no reason, talk to a doctor.
8. Abdomen weight gain and bloating- usually women with ovary cancer report such bloating and weight gain in the belly. All out of a sudden.
9. Satiety and low appetite – another sign for cancer and even ovary cancer, women reported less appetite than normal.
10. Pelvic pain/abdomen pain – this pain and cramps around the pelvis go with bloating too and mean ovary cancer. Leukemia also causes this from the enlargement of the spleen.
11. Bloody stool/rectal bleeding – this is a result of colorectal cancer. The blood on the TP is a reason enough to seek medical advise.
12. Strange weight loss – this could be sign of rectal cancer and digestive organ cancers. It might spread to the liver and reduce appetite since the body cannot expel waste material properly.
13. Upset belly/belly ache – these cramps also mean colorectal cancer.
14. Red/swollen, sore breasts – this is obvious breast cancer.
15. Nipple change – the most common change before a final diagnosis is made. The nipple might be inverted, flat or sideways.
16. Painful and strange periods or in between period spotting – this might be uterus cancer. Do a trans-vaginal ultrasound if you have heavier periods.
17. Swollen face – some lung cancer patients have puffy face, swollen or red face; this might be because lung tumors(small) can block chest blood vessels and the blood flow doesn’t reach the face.
18. Sore/skin lump that is crusty or bleeds – the melanoma, skin cancer or basal cell melanoma/squamous cell carcinoma. Check every tiny skin area.
19. Changed nails – some strange nail changes can indicate cancer too. Brown/blackish dots under nails can be skin cancer. Also the nail curving down the finger over the tip also could be lung cancer, but not certainly. If the nails are too pale and whitish, it can be liver cancer.
20. Back pain and lower back right side pain – a lot of cancer patients indicated this as liver cancer sign. Also breast cancer can do this since the tumor presses back to the chest or spine and ribs.