“Be Prepared… the meaning of the motto is that a scout must prepare himself by previous thinking out and practicing how to act on any accident or emergency so that he is never taken by surprise.”
When your life is in danger, nothing else matters.
Dangerous and malignant situation do not foretell and come. Hence, it is always better to keep a tab of some facts which would be of aid in your day to day life.
Memorize these 18 simple facts and you just might be thankful you did one day, although we hope you never do.
1. Don’t walk and use your phone at the same time. Both walking and using your phone implies a lot of cognitive effort. It is best to concentrate on one for safety.
2. As soon as you sit in the driver’s seat, first and foremost adjust the mirrors so that you can hardly see the edges of your own car. By pursuing this you will be able to eliminate the blind spots on the sides of the vehicle.
3. In a cold environment your body temperature can fall way quickly. In order to avoid this, utilize clothes made of wool rather than cotton. It is because the former will absorb more moisture, thus refraining dampness from lingering on your skin.
4. For hydration do not eat snow, because when you do that it will give up the amount of body heat that you already have to convert ice into water.
5. If your plane makes a water landing, swim to an exit and then inflate your jacket to stay afloat. It is because when the plane falls into the water, the water rushes into the cabins, making it way tedious to move if you are floatable.
6. If you are lost, it is best to walk downhill since, water flows down.
7. You can perform the Heimlich on yourself if something is stuck in your throat. With your stronger hand form a fist below your rib cage, just above the navel. Then, place your other palm over the fist to push with more pressure. This should be repeated several times, driving the fist in and up in the diaphragm area.
8. When you are going to a new place, camping or hiking always keep the abundance of antihistamines, it will aid in combating with any sort of allergy.
9. The rule of 3 says that you can go 3 minutes without air, 3 hours without accommodation even in extreme weather condition, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food.
10. If in your kitchen the cooking oil catches fire, extract the oxygen by turning off the burner and covering the pot, rather than putting water.
11. If you have been stabbed with a sharp object, instead of taking it out, try to cover the wound to cease bleeding and find the medical professional help.
12. Airplane crashes occur in a period of 3 minutes after the plane takes off or 8 minutes before landing takes place, hence be alert in this tenure.
13. If your abode catches fire, instead of running and rushing out, stay low to the ground and avoid breathing in too much smoke. It is the smoke which is more lethal than burns.
14. Supposedly you get hurt in a public place, call out one single person for help rather than shouting to the crowd. It is because too many people simply make the situation more chaotic.
15. With the help of a bright (300+ lumen) flashlight you will be able to stay safe from a robber or a mugger, who will be warded off through the extreme brightness.
16. If during hiking you get lost, make sure to look for a fence or a stream. A stream would always lead to downhill flow and a fence will always lead to a road.
17. Condoms can be used for storing a gallon of water. In fact, you can also use them for storing things like matches and walkie talkies.
18. Whenever you are out it is best to always ensure to locate the multiple exits. It will help in mental preparation if perchance some sort of dangerous situation docks in.
So, people stay safe and stay happy!