The moment you hear the word ‘alien’ it’s like you ought to feel interested! Well, the topic of the write up is definitely not chosen keeping that into consideration; the fact is that this blog is all about that. So, there have been instances where people saw the saucer shaped UFOs. Then, there were those who actually saw aliens or at least said that they saw it. There are also those which claim to have witnessed the civilization of aliens.
Yeah, right you might not have heard about the last sentence. So, if it wasn’t for the two astronomers from the Laval University, Quebec suggestions, you might not be reading the fresh new revelation.
Here is a point wise summary pertaining to the research:
- The two astronomers are Ermanno Borra and his graduate student Eric Trottier is involved in the research.
- They analyzed almost 2.5 million stars and galaxies.
- The analysis was pursued to find pulses of light emitted at regular intervals.
- This is when they discovered that there are 234 stars which resemble the Sun, in size.
- The team firmly believes that the acumen behind the signals is the alien civilization.
What was the procedure they utilized?
The researchers took the aid of the Fourier Transform of the light spectrum. For those of you unaware of the FT, it is the mathematical tool. It enables to calculate the source from where the signals come out.
What did the FT analysis find out?
- The FT analysis found periodic modulated components.
- In accordance with the scientists these components are caused by the super quick, light pulses, which are generated by Extraterrestrial Intelligence (ETI).
- The paper available from the Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, discarded other explanations. The latter category involved explanations included instrumental effects, rapid stellar pulsations, rotation of molecules and peculiar chemistry.
What did the researchers have to say about it?
The researchers mentioned-“We find that the detected signals have exactly the shape of an ETI signal predicted in the previous publication and are therefore in agreement with this hypothesis,” .
“The fact that they are only found in a very small fraction of stars within a narrow spectral range centered near the spectral type of the Sun is also in agreement with the ETI hypothesis.”
But again, there are the researchers which admit that even when this complicated energy consuming way of aliens is most expected; it is still to be confirmed.
It will be interesting in this context to mention the Breakthrough Listen team. This project is backed by the Stephen Hawking. It is these, who will be conducting follow up observations of the 234 stars. The team made a statement-“The one in 10,000 objects with unusual spectra seen from Borra and Trottier are certainly worthy of additional study. However, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It is too early to unequivocally attribute these purported signals to the activities of extraterrestrial civilizations,”
Hence, immense have been yet left to be researched and analyzed. However, near future can be witnessed as unfurling many mysteries.